BSR recently hosted a webinar introducing the concept of impact sourcing and the the Global Impact Sourcing Coalition (GISC).
The webinar allowed participants to:
- Learn about Impact Sourcing, and the opportunity that this inclusive hiring practice offers to business, employees, and communities;
- Learn how Impact Sourcing is helping companies achieve their goals to build more inclusive supply chains;
- Hear from peers how GISC is supporting companies to establish and expand their iImpact Sourcing practices;
- See how companies are responding to the Impact Sourcing Challenge;
- Learn how to join the new Global Impact Sourcing Coalition as a member.
If you were unable to attend, we are pleased to share the recording of the webinar.
This week, the GISC challenged the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry to hire 100,000 new impact workers by the end of 2020. The group also announced the launch of the world’s first Impact Sourcing Standard, designed to increase the adoption of Impact Sourcing by setting out uniform criteria for what it entails.
At the launch, we caught up with Mamadou Biteye, Managing Director, Africa Regional Office, The Rockefeller Foundation, as he reflected on the development of the GISC and its progress to date.
2019 September 5
Join the Global Impact Sourcing Coalition – a global network of leading companies working towards more inclusive supply chains – for an evening of Impact Sourcing on September 5 in NYC.
2019 October 17-October 18
On the occasion of the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty, join BSR and the Global Impact Sourcing Coalition (GISC) for a practical discussion on how companies can connect the dots between Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 8 and 1 to create inclusive opportunities for productive and decent employment that lead to sustainable pathways out of poverty.
For a complete list of previous events, please visit the Event Archive.